Besides performing our standard package of analyses, Normec Groen Agro Control also performs more specific research projects. These are performed by a team of experts with a main focus on research topics in product quality and food safety. Examples of research topics of Normec Groen Agro Control involve plant damage, plant-diseases, cultivation techniques and product development. A unique aspect of this approach is the combination between onsite experiments and analyses in our laboratory. Our project managers are dedicated to the customer’s wishes and can assist with the development of a correct sampling plan or research project.
Industrial hygiene focusses on the prevention of the spread of microorganisms and suppression of plant diseases. The general aim of an industrial hygiene protocol is to reduce the spread of organisms in water, air, human contact, equipment, infected plant material or by insects.
We can advise suppliers, growers, organization of growers, nurseries, seed companies, distributors and processing companies with the implementation of an industrial hygiene protocol.
We have experience in the field of ornamental horticulture as well as in the cultivation of vegetables. For each type of crop we focus on specific diseases in order to avoid (bigger) damage. Some examples of our expertise are the implementation of measures to prevent the loss of bedding plants and flowers by Chalara and the implementation of general hygiene protocols for cultivators, propagators of vegetables or ornamentals such as orchids. At last we also have experience in advising companies that process potatoes, vegetables and fruit.
Advice on hygienic measures
- Drafting a hygiene protocol stating important hygiene measures and requested modifications. All hygiene related activities are described per location with all individual processes taken into account.
- Implementation of the hygiene protocol including monitoring of crucial actions. In the run-up phase until the implementation, crucial microbiological elements can be measured, in order to find out if the particular hygiene protocol meets the requirements. Furthermore, in this phase, Normec Groen Agro Control can support the responsible employees involved to check the hygiene and to see if they act in compliance with the policy.
- Teaching courses on understanding, awareness and knowledge of industrial hygiene to both employees as the management.
- Advice on hygiene measures concerning accurate frequency, products and concentrations for the activities of the company.
- Recommendation on internal check-ups and evaluation procedures by analysis of the results of implemented measures.
- Knowledge of leading management systems such as GSPP, Global Gap or HACCP.