Industrial hygiene focusses on the prevention of the spread of microorganisms and suppression of plant diseases. The general aim of an industrial hygiene protocol is to reduce the spread of organisms in water, air, human contact, equipment, infected plant material or by insects.
We can advise suppliers, growers, organization of growers, nurseries, seed companies, distributors and processing companies with the implementation of an industrial hygiene protocol.
We have experience in the field of ornamental horticulture as well as in the cultivation of vegetables. For each type of crop we focus on specific diseases in order to avoid (bigger) damage. Some examples of our expertise are the implementation of measures to prevent the loss of bedding plants and flowers by Chalara and the implementation of general hygiene protocols for cultivators, propagators of vegetables or ornamentals such as orchids. At last we also have experience in advising companies that process potatoes, vegetables and fruit.
Advice on hygienic measures
- Drafting a hygiene protocol stating important hygiene measures and requested modifications. All hygiene related activities are described per location with all individual processes taken into account.
- Implementation of the hygiene protocol including monitoring of crucial actions. In the run-up phase until the implementation, crucial microbiological elements can be measured, in order to find out if the particular hygiene protocol meets the requirements. Furthermore, in this phase, Groen Agro Control can support the responsible employees involved to check the hygiene and to see if they act in compliance with the policy.
- Teaching courses on understanding, awareness and knowledge of industrial hygiene to both employees as the management.
- Advice on hygiene measures concerning accurate frequency, products and concentrations for the activities of the company.
- Recommendation on internal check-ups and evaluation procedures by analysis of the results of implemented measures.
- Knowledge of leading management systems such as GSPP, Global Gap or HACCP.