Constant attention has been drawn to the use of plant protection products in floriculture. You obviously already make a conscious choice to use plant protection products. In addition, the wishes and requirements of your customers due to a blacklist or the number of substances in your end product are also added.
Residue analysis on ornamental plants
Chain stores make high demands on the residues on flowers and plants. You can determine the levels of crop protection agents by screening for residues during cultivation or after harvesting. And as an experienced laboratory we can advise and support you in this.
Pesticides and residue in ornamental crops
There are several reasons to monitor the concentrations of residues in floriculture.
- To check for residues on edible plants that must comply with the European Maximum Allowable Residues (MRL-EU) or other trade requirements
- The requirements and wishes of a quality certificate that you have.
- Additional trade requirements of chain stores, especially in Germany. If desired, we provide the assessment in the report against the requirements of Aldi-DE, Kaufland-DE, LIDL-DE, Ikea, etc.
- Due to side effects on Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Control of residues on your starting material so that you are not faced with surprises with substances that should not be on it.
- Knowledge about residues of agents in outlet water. This way you prevent crop damage. Residues in drain water are also important to realize safe reuse of water.
- We also analyze: artificial plant hormones such as benzyladenine, growth regulators and inhibitors, herbicides, etc.
- Because you have damage to the crop and want to find out whether residues are the cause..
Our extensive screening checks in one go for more than 650 active substances in the crop, leaf or water samples. If desired, our accredited samplers can come and take the sample independently at your location in the Netherlands.
Course Residue in Ornamental Plants
The crop protection plan and the products to be used must be geared to the customer’s requirements. Chain stores set high standards for residues on flowers and plants. The Residues in Ornamental Cultivation course is given for Growers as well as for Trading Companies, live or online.
Including these topics
- Diseases and plagues
- Crop protection products in practice
- Legislation: EU Regulations, Retail/Certificates, Crop protection products in the Netherlands
- Risk assessment and crop protection plan
- Residue analysis and results interpretation
- Sampling guidelines
- Laboratory tour and explanation of analytical techniques.
Versatile laboratory for floriculture
- Residues of plant protection products, inhibitors, herbicides, etc.
- Nutrients in substrate, water, leaf juice and crop samples.
We are an RHP-certified lab for physical and chemical analyzes on potting soil.
- Water quality: recirculation of water and standards, heavy metals in condensation water.
- Diagnosis of crop diseases: from microscopic examination to DNA analyses.
- Hygiene: limiting risks with resources, but also advice on hygiene protocols.
- Courses and tailor-made training: residues, nutrients, microbiology, etc.
Samples and information
- Ines van Marrewijk, Sr. Productmanager Horticulture – T: 015-2572511
- Visit our website for all information on sending samples:
- Our address: Normec Groen Agro Control Distributieweg 1, 2645 EG Delfgauw